Have a nice day readers...!!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Grinder in the stomach

This happened, when my sister was a pre-schooler. On a weekend,  myself, my father and younger sister were chatting at the living room after lunch. My sister asked a question to my Dad. What happens to the food we eat?


My father wanted to explain her in easy way. Hence told that , there is a grinder inside stomach. It will grind and digest the food. She then asked if the grinder will be running for ever. Father told, yes. so that what ever you eat every day it keeps on grinding and digest the food.


 She seemed to be satisfied with the answer. I was aware of digestion and its after process,but I had never thought to know or to see , how the food is digested. However, on hearing about grinder, I was curious enough to see how that grinder will be. But that is not possible. I cannot just like that cut open a human body to see its inner parts.


 I left the curiosity to know on it. After a year or two, I got to know about the inner body parts in science subject and the teacher showed the picture of liver, pancreas, small intestine and large intestine etc., I was looking for a grinder like stuff there, but nothing of that sort was present. The teacher also did not spell out a word of grinding or grinder..


Ouch.. My father had told us something which will be easy for understanding. I had taken it as such.


P.S :  I recollected this incident , when our son asked similar such question like my sister.


-- Dhanesh Amma

2 comments:

  1. Funny. For some people that grinder will always be loaded :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw the new organization and labels.

    ReplyDelete