Have a nice day readers...!!!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Marriage and Arundhati star


Hindu marriage ceremony has a event where bridegroom shows Arundhati to his wife.

Arundhati is one of the double star. It is attached to the star Vasishtha. Double Stars (visual binaries) are two stars that move around together gravitationally bound to each other.


Like this double Star, the couple are expected to be together for ever.

Hmmm.. Good one.. But stars are possible for view only in the night or rather after evening and till dawn. But people of this generation do see the star under the hot sun after tying the holy knot.

I know.. readers might be interested what could have happend at my case..
[Our marriage happened in a hall. We could only see the concrete ceiling with white paint only. We had so much of rituals to be followed and people were not ready to go out to open sun to have a look at the sky.  What's the use ? No one would be able to identify a star when the sun is glowing hot. I was asked to look at the ceiling and my uncle asked if i see the star.. i smiled back. he told Arundhati is not just one star you will see two stars. I know you cannot see in ceiling, but the myth is followed that we see the star and should live like the couple. I nodded my head. ( that I understand the point) ]

When everybody knew that a star could not be seen in a ceiling why do they ask us to see?

They could have taken a video of the twin stars and show us at the time in an electronic gadget.

In fact they just tell us about the star and ask us watch out in evening.



--Dhanesh Amma





1 comment:

  1. oh... is it??? nice to know the happenings in your marriage :-)... hoping to see those 2 stars again with my friend :-)...

    ReplyDelete